Is 29 unc status?

I'm 29 now. My birthday was last week, August 30th. I was in NYC for the week but I had that Sunday off to do whatever. I made the most of it! Originally I thought about seeing a Broadway show but the options available weren't really interesting to me, and also the ticket prices were approaching triple digits so I passed. I still had some fun stuff planned though.


The Saturday before, I went to the Barnes and Noble on 5th Avenue. They had a sale going on for Arrow Video where all their movies were 50% off, just like they do with Criterion. I ended up grabbing a few movies. 


Blackhat and A Simple Plan were blind buys but I trust both directors (Michael Mann and Sam Raimi respectively). I love Kill Bill and Untouchables, and those were both on sale.

The next day on my actual birthday, I did a few fun things. First, I went to the M&M store in Times Square. This was fun but I could tell it's mostly for families and kids rather than single 29 year old dudes. I did get a bag of mixed pretzel and pumpkin m&ms. The latter flavor is new and really good. 


Then I went to a Yankees game! 


I'm not the biggest sports fan but it is a ton of fun going to a stadium to watch a game. They absolutely slaughtered the Red Sox and THATS MY FUCKIN CITY BABY FUCK BAHSTON GO YANKS!! 


I was bummed about the cost of the jerseys. I really wanted to get an iconic pinstripe Yankee jersey but they were really expensive so I passed. I'll get one online later on. 

After that I went down to south central Manhattan to a bar called Katana Kitten. The bartender there wrote a cocktail book that I've made a few things out of and I wanted to check out the bar. It was great! I got two highballs. One was a melon soda, the other was a floral gin highball. Nothing short of fantastic for both of them. 

The bar crawl doesn't end there. I then walked over to my personal favorite bar in NYC, McSorley's Ale House. This place has been there for over a century and it shows. They're all about tradition. They only take cash, they have only TWO beer options, a dark ale and a light ale, and they serve it in a unique way: two 8 oz glasses. 

They don't care how much head is there and neither do I. It's great. It's such a rustic bar. I love going there so much. 

After that I got back to the hotel and rested up with watching The Raid with friends. I also grabbed a slice of Tiramisu as a replacement for birthday cake. It was near the hotel and it was quite good. 

Gift wise, I got an Ayn Thor from my parents which I'm still tinkering with. It's a great option for traveling. I like playing da games a lot but traveling with them can be a pain. This solves that. 

So yeah that was my birthday! Next year, it's over. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is for me.

Munich Germany - July 2026

Pokemon bums me out